Vegan Half and Half is starting to become easier to find. Half and half is creamier milk with more fat content, but it doesn’t contain all that sugar that is in creamers. After trying the Silk one and falling in love with it… I noticed the Ripple half and half on the shelves so I was super curious about which is better! In this video I’ll compare Silk vs. Ripple Half and Half so you can see the differences for yourself before you purchase.
Silk vs. Ripple Half and Half Verdict
Overall, I like Silk Half and Half more because I find it creamier. However, both are really really good options! Ripple was even better than expected. Here are some specifics from my comparison:
- Lightness: Ripple seems to lighten the coffee slightly more in terms of color than Silk. Silk still lightens it a lot but surprisingly Ripple lightened it even more.
- Creaminess: Silk definitely has a creamier mouth feel than Ripple, but Ripple still does elevate the coffee nicely.
- Flavor: Again silk has more of a creamy and I’d say almost very very lightly buttery flavor that marries with the coffee beautifully. Ripple doesn’t have much of a strong flavor but it gives just a distant tinge of sweetness which is nice.
- Calories: Silk half and half has 15 calories per Tablespoon and Ripple half and half has 17.5 calories per Tablespoon.
- Sugar: Silk half and half contains 0 g of sugar and Ripple half and half contains less than 1 gram of sugar.
- Silk Half and Half Ingredients: Coconutmilk (Filtered Water, Coconut Cream), Oatmilk (Filtered Water, Whole Oat Flour), Organic Coconut Oil, Faba Bean Protein, Baking Soda, Natural Flavor, Gellan Gum. CONTAINS COCONUT.
- Ripple Half and Half Ingredients: Water, Sunflower Oil, Pea Protein, Organic Cane Sugar, Contains less than 1% of Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Acacia Gum, Guar Gum, Gellan Gum.
What’s your favorite vegan half and half? Try your own Silk vs. Ripple half and half experiment at home and let me know what you think 🙂
3 thoughts on “Silk vs. Ripple Half and Half (Video Review)”
Thanks for the info! 😊
Welcome angiec 🙂 <3