I’ve adapted this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe from a regular tollhouse cookie recipe that makes the most delicious vegan cookies you can imagine. A little soft, a little chewy and bursts of chocolate with every bite. You can even get that crunchy finish if you leave them in the oven a bit longer. I personally like them a bit undercooked and gooey 🙂
Nothing is more satisfying than a good cookie, and infinitely better if no animals were harmed in the making. You know the best part? Vegan chocolate chip cookie dough is eatable! No eggs means no salmonella. Yayyy! And seriously, you don’t need the animal products, these cookies are legit identical to regular choco chip cookies. Vegans and non-vegans alike should make cookies without animal products.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 20 large cookies
- 1 medium and 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 cookie sheets
I always recommend non-GMO, organic ingredients wherever possible. Bonus points for locally-sourced <3
- 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan butter softened (I use Earth Balance sticks)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of original apple sauce
- 2 cups (12-ounces) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the softened vegan butter, both sugars, vanilla, and apple sauce. Stir for a minute or two to really combine and bring the flavors together
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet sugar mixture until a nice dough is created. I usually start with a spoon and switch to my hands when the dough starts coming together
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix to distribute evenly into the dough
- Grab chunks of the cookie dough and make them into balls with your palms to make 20 cookies. You can also make 50 cookies from this same recipe by using a rounded tablespoons. But, I prefer larger cookies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. For soft, gooey cookies take out at 8 minutes, for crispy cookies take out at 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with your favorite non-dairy milk!
I paired my cookies with a tall cup of Oatly oatmilk. Oatmilk is seriously my favorite now. I hope you enjoyed these delectable vegan chocolate chip cookies. Be sure to share your experiences baking these circles of wonder in the comments!