I love pancakes more than your average citizen. Annoyingly, I feel like I’m never around other pancake lovers. Either it’s too many carbs or they don’t like sweets or they prefer french toast or some other nonsense. So, typically I have to make pancakes-for-one (myself). Oh also, I love chocolate hence the chocolate chips, but leave them out if you wish. When you get the pancake craving, these vegan single-serve chocolate chip pancakes will do the trick!
Vegan Single-Serve Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Vegan pancakes for one? No problem! These delicious, fluffy pancakes have the perfect golden buttery finish and are loaded with melty chocolate chips. Eating breakfast solo has never tasted so good.
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, or other sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Tiny pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Vegan butter, for pan
- In a medium bowl, mix the milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and sugar. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small bowl, mix the salt, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a pan on medium-high heat.
- Melt butter on the pan and pour half the pancake mixture over the melted butter. Let sit and wait for it to fluff a bit and bubbles to start forming on the upper side of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook through until it fluffs and is golden on both sides.
- Repeat with 2nd half of the batter.
- Plate and top with your favorite syrup! I used date syrup but of course, maple is classic and the ultimate.
Enjoy this recipe to the fullest my fellow pancake fanatic, and though you’re probably eating them alone, just know I’m somewhere eating these vegan single-serve chocolate chip pancakes right along with you rn. Craving more? Try these vegan chocolate chip cookies!